Friday, August 08, 2008

Coming up: August 15 in Chatham NY

August 15 , 2008
8:00 PM
St James Catholic Church
117 Hudson Ave.
Chatham, New York 12037

Columbia Chamber Players
Robin Becker, dance
Eric Edberg, cello
Lincoln Mayorga, piano
Akal Dev Sharonne, flute

Admission: $20
reservations: 518-392-2130

I'm really excited about this gig! I haven't played with Lincoln before, and from the information on his website, it looks like it will be a wonderful experience. He and I will play the Schubert "Arpeggione" sonata, and I'll also perform the first Bach Cello Suite, with Robin dancing in some of the movements. Robin will also be dancing to a solo piano improvisation by Lincoln, who will play a Chopin set as well, and a multi-track quasi-improvised piece with me, which we call "Autumn." Akal Dev--who has one of the most beautiful flute tones I've ever heard--will perform Michael Harrison's "Oh, Beloved," and she and I will play a Teleman sonata and an arrangement of the Ibert Entr'acte.

I'll be using the Luis and Clark carbon fiber cello, since it is the instrument I have hooked up with a Realist pickup mic.



No comments: