Thursday, December 22, 2005

Wed. 12/14: My Last "Waking States" Concert

Sorry I haven't posted for over a week. I came back to Indiana a week ago, and I seem to have had some internal resitance to acknowledging the end of the trip by writing about the final concert I attended.

The penultimate concert in Charles Curtis's "Waking States" series was a fantastic performace of Patterns in a Chromatic Field by Morton Feldman. The Double Knot Rug Gallery in Tribeca was absolutely jammed, and deservedly so. I'll write more about it soon here, and am starting to work on an article about the whole series for the Internet Cello society (www.cello.org).

The trip back was something too; I almost lost two valuable cello bows. That, too, is a story to be written soon. Meanwhile, Christmas shopping beckons. My shopping companions are arriving in a minute or two.

No comments: